Subject: Re: FLASH: inconsistency in loading variables
From: Anders Ramsay
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 18:04:35 +0100

>Hi Anders.
>
>I didn't see in your explanation a loop that checks to be sure the variables
>have been loaded, so maybe that's the problem. At the this part:
>
>> the second frame of the movie, I use the Load Movie action set to
>> 'Load variables into location' with target set to a movie clip I use
>> for variables and subroutines (this movie clip resides on all frames
>> in the top level movie). Then, two frames later, I tell the top
>> level movie to go to the frame label of the variable in that
>> directory, e.g. if the file says 'default=home' my script would say
>> 'go to location(default)'
>
>Put a label on the frame after your load movie, like "loading"
>On the next frame after that labelled one, put "if default = "" go to

I did try including a conditional that said

if(location ne 0)
go to(location)
else go to (1) [or the frame before the frame that loads the variable]

but then the movie would sometimes just sit there seemingly
indefinitely, apparently unable to load the file, so I removed it.

--

:: a n d e r s r a m s a y
:: c o n t e n t i n t e g r a t o r

:: m e d i a f a r m