Subject: FLASH: why IMPORT html into flash?
From: dave matthews
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 00:11:15 +0100

HELLEN,
BY html import i mean we need the ability to import existing web pages as
complete packages, so we may then 'enhance' the existing work with flash.
for example:
imagine being able to import an existing system of pages and presenting
them as a series of scroll by menue items, roll-over to zoom in.
tint the pages with a transparent overly.
place invisible buttons over the existing 'clickable' buttons to add
sound cues and a little visual indication that an active link is there.
put a pile of 'documents' on a desk in an animated 'cartoon' style
enviroment, roll-over the stack of papers and they float into view as the
complete existing web page[s], already preloaded by flash's automatic
systems.
bring search returns back in a 'three dimensional' enviroment.

but enough day dreaming... CAN IT BE DONE?
is it even practicle to attempt to build a template to handle existing
HTML pages and allow a 'load movie = load html' piece of software?
we have tons of money here!
anyone want some?

thanks,

dave matthews