Subject: Re: FLASH: Future of flashers...
From: Dave Broz
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 08:46:26 +0100

Beautifully put!.. I know what it feels like being a one-man band... ...i
think it's a viral strain of being a workaholic...

Dave Broz
www.eleven1.com

> At some point, eventually maybe, people are going to realize that it takes
> long time to do any one thing well (and those laundry lists of ridiculous
> requirements for web jobs will get shorter :) - programming takes lots of
> training and experience, design takes lots of training and experience,
> illustration, and animation, sound, video ditto. We'll be much better off
> finding new ways of being teams (the net offers lots of great
opportunities
> for this, if we can get over the downsides), and recognizing other
people's
> skills as being as difficult and worthy as our own, than trying to be a
> bunch of one-man bands/jack-of-all-trades. You can know a little bit about
> lot of things or a lot about a few things, but I think you'd need more
> lifetimes than I know I've got to know a lot about so many varied fields.
>
> my two cents,
> Laura

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com