Subject: Re: FLASH: Future of flashers...
From: Laura Mollett
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 01:19:43 +0100

> And the jobs are gonna be for the great artists who can also code.

At some point, eventually maybe, people are going to realize that it takes a
long time to do any one thing well (and those laundry lists of ridiculous
requirements for web jobs will get shorter :) - programming takes lots of
training and experience, design takes lots of training and experience,
illustration, and animation, sound, video ditto. We'll be much better off
finding new ways of being teams (the net offers lots of great opportunities
for this, if we can get over the downsides), and recognizing other people's
skills as being as difficult and worthy as our own, than trying to be a
bunch of one-man bands/jack-of-all-trades. You can know a little bit about a
lot of things or a lot about a few things, but I think you'd need more
lifetimes than I know I've got to know a lot about so many varied fields.

my two cents,
Laura

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com