Subject: RE: FLASH: ideas for my wedding presentation?
From: Len Harrison
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 03:41:37 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Tan,

I'm not sure I don't agree with Marc on this, but I will pass a few things
on here.
First: Flash is a vector program, not raster graphics. It will handle raster
but is really designed to animate vectors. SO, if you want to use it to
build some kind of menu system and maybe present some text while you punch
up your photos on an HTML page, that would work pretty well. If that's the
idea, and you don't mind losing a few browsers, the easiest approach would
be to control which pics come up and their sequence through Javascript using
FSCommand from Flash. You could do animation that way also if you had a
bunch of sequential jpegs and the user was willing to wait for the load or
had a fast connection.

On the other hand, if you are looking to incorporate your pictures into the
animation sequences and do interesting things with them without just using
them as backdrops or phasing between them, then you really want to go to
director and shock the result. Director *is* a raster program and has a nice
programming language behind it called Lingo.

That's all for now,

len harrison
instructional designer
lenhatabtcorp [dot] com