Subject: RE: FLASH: URGENT: FrontPage with Generator/Flash
From: Brack, Jeremy
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:50:10 GMT

FrontPage 2000 is more than just a text editor.. FP2000 interacts with your
publishing server directly to make the entire website construction process
streamlined.. So lets say you need to re-name an HTML file, but you have 30+
pages linking to it.. a text editor would make the proccess insane because
you would have to edit 30+ pages and rename all of the links. Frontpage
2000 recognizes when you re-name a file whether it be an image or an HTML
page, then it automatically updates every page located in the same web
project. All you need to do is have your I.S. department install the
FrontPage 2000 server extensions onto your server and then you are all set.

These server extensions do not get destroyed when you try to FTP as someone
on this list suggested..
Also, FrontPage 2000 will not destroy alignment or destroy code. If you
want true web application software, then you shouldnt be using Frontpage,
you should be using Interdev (or I think Macromedia's alternate is
Ultradev).

Generator is installed onto the server, just like the FrontPage 2000
extensions. Generator can take any JPG file from a folder and place it into
a Flash movie while someone is visiting your website.. so even though you
may have published your Flash movie months ago, Generator can add in new
content dynamically. You only intall a Generator template on your
workstation so that you can throw Generator objects into Flash.

If your client wants to FTP into the server to place new JPG's into a
folder, then set up your server to support FTP access. If you want
FrontPage2000 to interface seamlessly with the server, then you install
FrontPage 2000 extensions and then you need to either create a new "web" for
all new projects or convert an old project into a "web". It works much
better than FTP because you can publish the entire set of changes all at
once, or just 1 page/graphic at a time. And you can use windows explorer to
copy/paste files/images instead of using the old FTP.

I think I am the last person on earth who prefers to use Front Page 2000 :)

Register before November 10 and save £200
http:// www.flashforward2000.com