Subject: Re: FLASH: 3D VECTOR ANIMATIONS (PART 2) THANKS FOR THE ANSWERDG!!!!
From: Tommy D'Aquino
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 15:19:34 +0100

At 11:04 PM -0400 10/15/98, David Gary wrote:
> You can create the 3D model and
>animation in just about any 3D proggy on the market since Flash supports
>jpg, bmp and png. Corel supports 3D? Dont use it. Its overated anyhow.
>I create my animations with my models on about 60% self illumination
>in 3D MAX r2. This way none of the edges get hidden by effective lighting
>for the trace when I import the sequence into FLash. THis makes it easy to
>trace the edges and edge detail with the line tool , I then import a
>different set of images of the same animation, but this time with the model
>set to 0% self illumination, with my lighting where I want it. Then I use it
>to reference direction of light with "gradient fill" in FLash3.

I'd like to add a bit to this from my experience. I'd also like to get
feedback as to if this technique is consistant with others...

I do my 3D objects in Hash's Animation Master and render them with Toon
Outline, which results in line drawings of the object.

<spam on> Hash's Animation Master, an incredible 3D program for $199,
students... $135 <spam off>

Anyway... I import the sequence as David had stated, but then in the
Tracing stage, I trace each face of the 3D object on a separate layer. I
use a few Hints to ensure proper movement.

I've found that if I don't put each face on a separate layer, no matter how
many hints I use, some segments still break apart and go where they
shouldn't.

Is this the case with others doing this type of animation?

Tommy D'Aquino

DAQ Productions
http://www.fred.net/tommydaq

"He'll pinch my cheek. I hate it when he does that!"
- Billy (the Princess Bride)