Subject: Re: FLASH: 3D VECTOR ANIMATIONS (PART 3) Shape Tweening
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 22:54:13 +0100

Hi Tommy,

> I do my 3D objects in Hash's Animation Master and render them with Toon
> Outline, which results in line drawings of the object.
> <spam on> Hash's Animation Master, an incredible 3D program for $199,
> students... $135 <spam off>
> Anyway... I import the sequence as David had stated, but then in the
> Tracing stage, I trace each face of the 3D object on a separate layer. I
> use a few Hints to ensure proper movement.
> I've found that if I don't put each face on a separate layer, no matter how
> many hints I use, some segments still break apart and go where they
> shouldn't.
> Is this the case with others doing this type of animation?

This is correct each element of a drawing should get its own Shape Tween
which should be on separate layer for maximum control. Otherwise, Flash
decides where things go and this is often chaos and nothing like what
you want. In my Diamond Morph each facet (13) is a separate Shape Tween
and of course on its own layer. Hinting is required for many of the
facets even with this separation.
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Test/DiamondMorph.swf

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/