Subject: FLASH: Alternative Uses for Flash
From: Bill Wagner
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:31:46 +0100

I have been finding a variety of alternative uses for Flash 3.0. This
program, in addition to being the greatest thing since sliced bread for the
web, has many, many, many (to quote Police Academy) uses. We've recently
begun experimenting with the FSCommand interface for the Flash ActiveX
control in Visual Basic and IT IS AWESOME!!!!
Creating buttons in Flash has chopped program overhead drastically and it is
easier to write code. We can do a whole animated menu in Flash that is half
the size of a WMF graphic for one single button label (don't even bother
comparing it with bitmaps)!!!!
Flash kicks the snot out of anything else out there... It will be great for
help files, menus, splash screens, you name it.
Macromedia needs to start marketing this software to its entire potential
audience, not just web designers. Flash is definitely a control that belongs
in everyone's VB control library.
If anyone else is writing some VB code with Flash, we should open the lines
of communication on this topic, coding VB with Flash will help accelerate
its acceptance as a worldwide standard.
On the subject.... more than 35% of browsers have to be using Flash... AOL
4.0 is shipping with it now too.

Bill Wagner
www.execpc.com/~bill73
Media Coordinator