Subject: Re: FLASH: Davo's Flash tip of the day.(#13)
From: David Gary
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:03:38 +0100

John Croteau wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> > This little tip might help. Create an animated graphic called "framemeasure".

> Making this number test kit an animated (multi-frame) graphic is a very
> good idea.
> Follow this by placing it in one of your Graphics Library FLA or put a
> new FLA in the Flash Libraries folder so it is available quickly.

Never thought of placing it in the folder for qucik grab.Tanks.

> When testing Movie Clips or Load Movie drop an Instance of the animated
> Graphic (I am calling it _Numbers so it is first in the List) on a new
> top layer in each Movie Clip or Movie and color code them (with color
> tweeen) so you know which one is which.

Haha, is it possible that I could actually be on the same wave length as the guru
himself?!<g>. Well, maybe just this once. Actually John, Ive been doing that every since I
started embeding MCs inside other MCs. THe color codes are so I know what MC is what.
Its funny to watch an animated MC's "framemeasure" animate along with the graphic. It
will move all over the screen and rotate and scale with it as it counts the frames.
Kind of humorous to watch.
Ok, lemme see, it was yellow for the scrolling text and green for the animated cube, wait
a minute, maybe it was yellow for the....<g>.

Thanks for the note.

-DG-