Subject: Re: FLASH: Dissappearing graphic elements
From: Paulus Trisnadi
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 00:11:43 +0100

Hi John. Thanks for replying. I will pinpoint the problem further (which, I
still need to figure out how) and repost the message with better detail. It
should be a fun problem to solve. BTW, I use both Mac and PC, but my
development environment is PC. Also, I don't think it is the problem with
my PC. I will write again with greater detail later.

>Not sure if I understand your problem completely but haven't seen seen a
>similar problem in Flash 3 on the PC. Are you using PC or Mac?
>There could just be a problem on your computer.
>If you can come up with a simple step by step procedure that will
>duplicate the problem others will be happy to check it. Even if it
>doesn't do it all the time after a few people follow your procedure, it
>may help issolating the problem.
>
>> Hi all. I've been trying to solve this for awhile, but with no success. I
>> have a number of graphic elements that tween. The problem is that SOMETIMES
>> a graphic element is missing its content color, and SOMETIMES missing the
>> whole thing during tweening. If I select the element (by double-clicking
>> it, so that the process includes selecting the border) on the first
>> keyframe, then play it by dragging the timeline header, MAGICALLY
>> everything shows up just as I desired. So, I saved it, close the file, and
>> re-open it, only to discover the problem persist. When I make it into a
>> .swf file, the similar behavior dissappear from that object, but happens
>> elsewhere. I tried using BOTH motion tween AND shape tween, but it doesn't
>> solve the problem. What I really hate is that the problem doesn't seem to
>> be consistent, that is: I did the same thing/treatment from one graphic
>> element to another to another, yet the result is not the same. And, the
>> worst problem is that the original file was created by somebody else, and
>> now I have the responsibility to finish it.

Paulus Trisnadi <paulusatmonkey [dot] com (mailto:paulusatmonkey [dot] com)>

Interaction Engineer
MONKEYmedia - Austin & San Francisco
(512) 440-8000, 440-1050 fax
<http://www.monkey.com/>