Subject: Re: FLASH: flashed site 4 test
From: Laura Mollett
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:08:26 +0100

:We got the project of building this web site a month ago with the request
:use cutting edge technologies. We learned of flash then and we just
uploaded
:the new site.

Really nice site. Much better than my first attempts, but oh well, much to
aspire to :). I really like the smooth animations and the turns. Also the
incorporation of the logo design. It seems a shame the 'frames' have
to redraw every time you go back to the main menu, from a secondary
menu, but I don't really know flash well enough yet to suggest if there's
any way around that or anything.

I did notice a couple of things you might want to think about. I
find it disconcerting to have a mouseover that does something big -
rather like it was an on-click. I noticed that right at the beginning with
the 'enter this site' button... I didn't click but just moved my mouse over
the button and it went to the site, and I felt... a little out of control?
You
use the same technique for the 'play' buttons on secondary pages... they
got back to the menu-type page on mouse-over.

The other thing I noticed is that when the site 'reads' the menu to you,
it does it a little too fast. If you look away, you miss something. And
again, I think I might prefer this kind of thing as a mouseover as then
the user feels in control.

Again, super site,
Laura Mollett