Subject: Re: FLASH: MM's Flash 4 wish list
From: Lulu
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 03:37:46 +0100

>does the *nix community just not care about flash because of the
>perception that macromedia is blowing them off by not having *nix
>players for shockwave?

Its probably a whole bunch of things but my perception is *lack of
exposure*.

One thing that shouldn't be forgotten is that the *nix (UNIX_linux_etc)
people are in large measure IT professionals, the people that keep the
ISP's hummin and people who decide what gets installed on machines within
corporations. Macromedia, if they were to evangelize flash to this
community and espoused the LOW BANDWIDTH requirements of Flash authored
sites, the elegance of the technology and provide them with flash plugs
compiled for the commercial and freeware UNIX's the Mozilla (Netscape for
linux) project would do the lion's share of the required promotion to get
people to utilize Flash on these OS's.

-lulu