Subject: FLASH: BUG REPORT: script changes not being saved
From: Damien Morton
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 22:31:53 +0100

Hey People, this a bug report. There is a problem with the Flash 5 Movie
Explorer.

WARNING
Changes made in scripts found using the Movie Explorer will not always be
saved.

BUG DESCRIPTION
The bug is that when searching for scripts using the movie explorer, changes
made to scripts found using the explorer dont seem to be saved. This only
happens in scripts found in the symbol definitions section of the movie
explorer, and not in scripts found in the main timeline section. This bug is
100% reproducible.

WORKAROUND
There seems to be a kind of workaround to this. The bug only manifests when
saving the file using Save or Save As to the same filename. Changes made to
symbol scripts found using the Movie Explorer _will_ be saved if the FLA is
saved to a file with a different filename than the one it was loaded as.

PLATFORMS
the following platforms have been tested and found to have the bug
Flash 5 Macintosh on OS 8.6 and OS 9
Flash 5 PC on Windows 2000

WHAT TO DO NEXT?
I have a file that we can reproduce this problem on, and instructions on how
to reproduce the bug. Could some MM wonk send me instructions on how to get
this file and instructions to the right person.

I also have a great suggestion for Macromedia. A cash reward system for
people who document reproducible bugs that have not previously been
documented by Macromedia on their website. This would help compensate us for
the week or so of lost work and the hours put in defining the nature and
scope of the bug.

Damien Morton
Senior Programmer
Dennis Interactive

BTW - check out the beta of our new website at
http://www.dennisinter.com/DI_NEW/disite.html
I am but a humble programmer, but I think its wonderful.

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list