Subject: Re: FLASH: FSCommand 2 Open a New Window From Flash 3
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:33:48 +0100

Hi Matt,

> but I'm still having problems opening a new window from a Flash 3 file.
> I want a button in my Flash 3 file to open a new HTML window that has
> no Flash in it whatsoever. Pretty simple.
> I've tried following the instructions at the above address (essentially cut
> and pasted the information that I needed),
> Seems to be it should be a lot simpler than it appears to be.
FSCommand is not easy especially the first time.
See examples at http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Index.htm#Scripting

I see no setup VBScript for MSIE so if you are testing or want it to
work with MSIE, it won't work unless you include the correct code.

If you are using Flash 3 use the FSCommand Action instead of getURL.
Place openTheWindow in the Command: box.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
<!--
Sub movie_FSCommand(ByVal cmd, ByVal arg)
call movie_DoFSCommand(cmd, arg)
end sub
-->
</SCRIPT\>