Subject: FLASH: Any progress on these?
From: Wayne Townsend
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:33:34 +0100

Hi Folks,

Extens to Load Movie...
1. Load Quicktime @ x,y
2. Load RealPlayer @ x,y. Obvious.

This allows Flash to be the Front End to these two important technologies.
(a (web) multi-media OS of sorts?)

Where is the Mac version of Severside Generator?

Does anyone have any news on these?

Is there a demand for them?

TIA,

/wayne

PS: Wish. A version of Flash that falls within the current version and
Director. One with a scripting language. My vote is Flash/SuperCard.
This would give us and english-like syntax that novices could master
quickly and easily. It would give us extesive field and forms handling.
People could write full-featured websites with Flash handling all the Front
end (like the Finder or Windows explorer do), and with Generator &
Flamethrower/handling the server responses and data base. We do this now
(except for Generator (due to lack of Mac server version)), but a new Flash
product with SuperCard (SuperTalk scripting) would allow developers to
avoid using work-arounds and save a great deal of time.

SuperCard performs well (in the market since '88), and has the added
benifit of a server version (FlameThrower) that would let our developers
write server-side applications (web-based applications) without resorting
to Perl or C languages.

Wayne Townsend
WebStaffing.Net, Dallas, TX. USA
waynetatTopher [dot] Net (mailto:waynetatTopher [dot] Net)
wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net (mailto:wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net)