Subject: Re: FLASH: text is alias & antialias
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:04:35 +0100

Hi DAZ,

> I seem to have a few quaility settings problems
> "http://www.ozemail.com.au/~victemsofdeath/the/mindlaugher.htm"
> I have made a new version of this site without the opening text as it > came out so bad .What am i doing wrong ?...I set it to auto-high
> quiality .Would all troubles be fixed if i use a preloading scene?
> So that it all loads first .
> > Try using the high value for the quality parameter in your
> > object/embed tags
As Nigel said set it for High not Auto-high.
If you preload you may stop the Quality changing on some computers but
if your animation is bitmaps instead of vectors this would not prevent
the quality shift on slower computers even with a complete preload. The
advantage of not using High would be allowing the computer to use its
resources for smoother animation instead of anti-aliasing the text.