Subject: Re: FLASH: Compress Size
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:15:25 +0100

At 03:25 PM 9/2/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm trying to compress and make my flash movie leaner...any suggestions to
>make my flash movie less bulky as it already is?

You've gotten some good advice from others. Note that unused library
elements are not exported to the movie, so eliminating them will reduce the
.fla file size but not the .swf. Also, the bytes that audio adds will
depend on the export format, not the import format. if you are using ADPCM
it does the bit reduction for you, so you can start with 16-bit. Bitmaps
are the most common reason for bloated .swf files, so do try to keep use of
bitmaps to a minimum.