Subject: RE: FLASH: Re: Load variables from text file
From: Aaron Schurman
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:08:29 +0100

You shouldn't need to specify that it's a movie clip to work. I have been
working on this one my self lately. And I have finally gotten to work.
Your target should be '0' instead of '/mc:field1'. so it should read Load
Variables: ("./carl.txt", 0). As long as your text file specifies the
correct field name it should recognize it and change the text within. The
other problem I found is that it won't work when saved as a movie clip...I
only got it to work when I saved it as a graphic. I am not sure if there is
a way around this...but that is what I found in my variable ventures. And I
have only been able to get it to work from within a browser...I haven't been
able to get it to work in the player or as a projector. If you figure one
of those two out let me know.