Subject: Re: FLASH: Transparencey & Variables to a text feild: Can they wo rk together?
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:57:14 +0100

Hi Aaron,

> Yeah it will, it depends on how much of the font is saved as oulines (under
> text field properties menu). I took the font I used for my test document
> out of the system folder and it still ran fine. And what I meant about the
> graphic thing is under the symbol properties you have three choices,
> (graphic, button, movie clip) I couldn't get it to work as a movie clip, but
> when I switched it to graphic it worked fine...I am not sure why.
Because.......
Text field text without shapes that is in a movie clip is not changed
when an Alpha property or Color effects is applied to the MC it is in.

This is not the same for Text field text without shapes placed in a
Graphic or Button as they do accept the Color effect changes that are
applied to the MC.

--
Coming Soon Flash 4 Web Animation F/X and Design
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1576105555/flashcentral