Subject: Re: FLASH: Freehand 8 Import
From: unique
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:04:14 +0100

John C. wrote:

> Hi Lincoln and Gina,

<snip>

> Be sure to get the free Freehand 8.01 update as it has improvements for
> the SWF export.
> See updates under Freehand Resources -->
> http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/And/Freehand.htm

The most current FreeHand upgrade is NOT 8.01! ... but 8.01 is where
John's link will take you.

I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY Macromedia continues to keep
the existence of FreeHand 8.01b A SECRET! ;-) If you go through the
usual channels (links) on MM's site to find a FreeHand updater, you end
up with 8.01, *not* 8.01b.

You have to KNOW that 8.01b exists; *then* you can find it by searching
on MM's site.

Here's the link to the tech note on 8.01b; it has links to the DL's.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/freehand/ts/documents/linked_jpeg.htm

Can anyone at MM or otherwise explain why 8.01b, *after many months* of
existence, continues NOT to be the updater that is most easily made
available by MM? And, BTW, you have to supply your registration number
to get 8.01, but you can just DL 8.01b with no reg. number. Go figure!

[John continued:]

> The latest versions of Freehand and Illustrator came out after Flash 4

Am I missing something here? I thought the opposite.

Ken Sherwood

kensherwood.com
http://www.kensherwood.com