Subject: Re: FLASH: variable FRUSTRATION again
From: Paul
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 00:05:53 +0100

You might need to give more detail. If you set a variable in an instance,
for example, then you can't just address it globally from anywhere in your
movie. You can have a global variable "xyz" and a variable local to an
instance called "xyz" and the movie will consider these separate.

Also, when you're trying your variables, you can output the values when you
test your movie. However you need to keep updating this output screen as it
always holds the last value and not necessarily the most current.

If you're still having problems please specify where your variable is (i.e.
in the main timeline or that of an instance (a movie clip for example).

Paul
IC Training