Subject: Re: FLASH: Imported png is STILL dithered in Movie
From: Catherine Kunicki
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:03:08 +0100

Kathy,

I haven't been following this thread, so if this duplicates previous
replies, I apologize.

I once spent the better part of the day trying to fix what appeared to be
bad dithering which appeared when I was proofing my flash in the player.

The player was scaling the movie slightly on playback and no amount of "View
at 100%" was appearing to fix it, nor was anyting I was doing in my .fla
affecting its appearance.

However, I hadn't published the file.

Once I published the file and viewed it in a browser it looked great.

----------
>From: "Kathy Reddin" <kreddinatpaymethods [dot] com>
>To: <flasheratchinwag [dot] com>
>Subject: RE: FLASH: Imported png is STILL dithered in Movie
>Date: Mon, Sep 11, 2000, 10:16 AM
>

> No, I'm not rotating it (but it might be ever so slightly scaled which I'm
> checking on now) and I'm running my movie quality set on High. Also, the
> movie is at 100%.
> Is there anything else that might make it look dithered?
> It is a transparent "circle" with embossing effects placed on it in
> PhotoShop. I'm saving it as a png file and have imported it into Flash and
> converted it to a symbol in order to fade it in.
> It looks great in flash, but when I export the movie it becomes dithered.
> One other png's that I imported in looks fine but another one is dithered as
> well.
> Any more ideas?
> -Kathy

> Did you rotate the image in Flash? I pulled my hair out on a project a few
> months ago, where I was bringing a bitmap into Flash, rotating it, and it
> was dithering all over the place. I rotated it first in Photoshop and THEN
> imported it and, voila, no dither!
>
> I still have no hair, but the picture looks nice and purty.
>
> Hal
> Do you have Quality set to High in your Object/Embed tags (set in your HTML
> Publish settings)? Or are you viewing the movie at something other than 100%
> so
> the bitmap is scaled? Check these things...from the sound of it I would
> imagine
> you're not viewing the movie at high quality.
> HTH,
> Randy
>

>>> I've imported a "png" image into my Flash Movie saved from a PhotoShop
> file.
>>> Everything looks great until I export the movie. The imported image looks
>>> dithered. The edges are not smooth.
>>> Is there something I'm missing?

NudeGuru.com is proud to sponsor the Flasher list