Subject: Re: UKNM: Memes and marketing
From: Chris
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 00:29:19 +0100

At 03:33 AM 4/5/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Sorry, i dont really understand all the blah blah blah
>stuff
>
>Somebody asked me to have a look at this stuff, so i
>asked the uknm for a bit of help - isnt that the point
>of a group like this?
>
>if you dont like the topic why bother to reply??

it's personal ennui at seeing people realise that, perhaps, the secret of
this interweb thingy is that, perhaps, people send stuff they like to
people because, y'know, the software and the network makes it a lot easier
to do than if you had to write 30 letters to people and post them through a
letterbox.

the internet's been doing this for years and years, since the Well first
got bored with Deadheads. and yes, it is an awesome marketing tool. and
yes, it is a huge USP of email marketing. and yes, you can use memes or
any other theory to explain it and factor in the speed aspect. and yes,
mobiles, UMTS & Wap will continue this spread.

people love sending shit to other people they know. and they don't care if
it's not got a massive video/audio/brand/flash attachment. look at SMS.

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com