Subject: UKNM: RE: UKNM Digest V1 #246
From: John Braithwaite
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:13:49 +0100

Manou

Thanks for the response... of course Nintendo have always claimed that
they want to give some Q.A. to the whole process and not, as everyone
knows, because they are control freaks. After all, if they were
interested in total Quality there are several titles I would have to
question - e.g. Aero Gauge.

You have to ask where they would be without Rare.... no Goldeneye, DKR,
Banjo Kazooie and this Christmas is going to be all Rare's (JFG, Donkey
Kong, Perfect Dark).

Who needs many games when you don't have much time? One excellent game
cannot even be measured against hundreds of poor ones.

Thanks for the offer on Fifa 99 - but I am an ISS 64 man... I gave up on
EA games after I realised that their games are like Feng Shui - sounds
interesting, well targeted, no depth.

Anyway - I am sure that 99% of this list are bored with the console
discussion. There is room for three consoles... maybe more, but if
Dreamcast flops, Sega will probably leave the home console market with
it's tail between it's legs. Every time I drive down the A4 and go past
that large building on the corner of Earls Court Road (now owned by
Singapore Airlines) I wonder what would have happened if Sega had
followed up the Megadrive with a decent system.....

Cheers

John
28 on Saturday, but still young enough to play computer games...

->
-> John B wrote
->
-> [The reason that Nintendo will be second is that they always
-> produce the
-> goods and although it is often a heated discussion in gaming circles:
-> Nintendo always have killer products that no-one else does....
-> Goldeneye, Zelda, Banjo Kazooie, etc.]
->
-> Yes, they will also come second because of their infexible
-> licensing contracts with developers. They have not made many
-> friends in that circle. They do have some killer
-> products...some being the key word, as opposed to *Many*,
-> that Sony introduce via their network of suppliers.
->
-> [They will come second because of their devotion to
-> creativity and gaming (and unique offerings)...]
->
-> I am not too sure about this...their games are superb...but
-> *devotion* is a strong word.
->
-> [Which leaves Dreamcast third, and deservedly so. Beneath all the
-> marketing hyperbole and PR they're producing a system that works on
-> Microsoft software for two main reasons - easy ports and easier
-> products. To get PC games on a home system... how dull.]
->
-> Absolutely spot on John! Do you play FIFA99????? Wanna play?