Subject: Re: UKNM: International Competitions
From: Laurence Grayson
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:55:03 +0100

Unfortunately, rumblings about the charges associated with making an
Internet connection are really making this a difficult one to settle.

As with most areas of Web law, there are huge grey areas, but this one has
potential to get really complicated.
The argument is fairly simple - the customer is paying for the phone bill
(in most cases) and this could be considered as an entrance fee as it's
generating revenue for the site.

I'm currently working for a company that's got some major interests in this
subject - we've not got anything solid to report at the moment (can't you
tell?) but I'll try and keep you posted if this issue gets resolved.

Cheers!
Laurence