Subject: Re: UKNM: International Competitions
From: James Downes
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:12:36 +0100

I have missed most of this discussion, (too busy doing a series of
international competitions across europe!!!), but just to put my 2p
in......

It is my understanding that in France if you have a free to enter
competition (which we are running) you have to offer the consumer a
mechanism for claiming back the cost of entry, in this case the cost at
standard phone rates of the internet connection for the amount of time
taken to enter the competition.

So if it takes 3 minutes to enter the competition you must offer to
refund to the consumer the cost of a 3 minute local phone call, plus
postage if they write in for the refund.

Administratively this is a bit of a nightmare, however fortunately not
many people can be bothered to claim the refund (or so we are reliably
informed).

Hope this helps

--
rgds

james downes
w: www.bdmedia.co.uk
e: jamesatbdmedia [dot] co [dot] uk
t: +44 (0)208 870 2153
f: +44 (0)208 870 2212

ScreamingMedia the leading global technology platform for
the aggregation and distribution of digital content over the
Internet, is now operating in the United Kingdom.
Get relevant and customised content to attract visitors
to your site and keep them there. Click Here!

http://adcenter.in2.com/cgi-bin/click.cgi?tid=31036