Subject: Re: UKNM: The Power of One
From: Tomski
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:56:47 +0100

reallymoving.com - so many words; so little incentive to bother reading
them ...
...so many forms; so few up front reasons for this info being required...

(6 out of 8 of the tabbed top nav links include the word "home", which
confuses dumb people like me)

UpMyStreet's "Find My Nearest" service cuts the my mustard...
http://www.upmystreet.com/nearest.php3?location1=N5+2PL&cat=I95788204

At 10:59 14/08/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>On your complaint letter - I can't tell if you were supportive or not.
>
>I can fully understand the complaint - all in one to me means just that.
>Perhaps the complainant should have tried www.reallymoving.com as this
>provides exactly what they were looking for, just over the web
>
>Russell
>
>>From: "Tim Ireland" <timatdesignercity [dot] com>
>>To: <uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com>
>>Subject: UKNM: The Power of One
>>Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:18:23 +0100
>>
>>From:
>>http://www.itc.org.uk/divisions/ad_spons/ad_complaints/show_complaint.asp?
>>ction=news&date=June+2000&ad_complaint_id=355

-
>-
>>----
>>MISLEADING SCOOT
>>Advertising Agency: BMP DDB Needham
>>
>>Complaint from: 1 viewer
>>
>>Nature of Complaint: An advertisement for Scoot illustrated the services
>>available to a customer moving house. The voiceover stated "Moving house.
>>My
>>people can give you information on removal services, estate agents,
>>decorators ... all in one go".
>>
>>The complainant found the advertisement misleading because, when a caller
>>contacted Scoot, he could only obtain one contact number per call. This
>>seemed to be contrary to the impression given in the advertisement.
>>
>>Assessment: The ITC agreed the advertisement was misleading. Scoot pulled
>>the advertising during the course of the investigation.
>>
>>Decision: Complaint upheld.
-
>-
>>----
>>
>>First up, I would like to introduce a new term for the
>>Non-Internet-eNabled;
>>'Ninnies' - but good on this one for bringing something interesting to
>>light.
>>
>>In future when we view a TV commercial for a dotcom, can we expect to
>>see/hear:
>>
>>"sillyname.com gives you to access to a shipload of information at the
>>click
>>of a button etc. etc."
>>Closely followed by the required disclaimer (in 5-point plain type for a
>>minimum of 3 seconds): "Internet Access Required."
>>
>>Actually, lets go one step further, just to make it interesting for those
>>dotcoms who wish to advertise on radio:
>>"Internet Access Required. You will need to be able to operate a standard
>>web browser to access this site."
>>
>>Tim Ireland
>>www.designercity.com
>>www.another.com
>>www.buymybook.co.uk

ScreamingMedia the leading global technology platform for
the aggregation and distribution of digital content over the
Internet, is now operating in the United Kingdom.
Get relevant and customised content to attract visitors
to your site and keep them there. Click Here!

http://adcenter.in2.com/cgi-bin/click.cgi?tid=31036