Subject: Re: UKNM: UK Online Shopping
From: Ian Fenn
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 14:26:46 GMT

Tim wrote:
> It is a shame that the Americans are pissing on the Brits. Look at
> CDNow.com and Amazon.com, those examples of E-Commerce are amazing and are
> certainly a lot better than anything I've even seen in the UK.
>
> Does anyone know why this is? Is it because of the finance involved or are
> the Brits just going a different way about things?

A lot of major UK businesses can't see the point of investing in
e-commerce, nor have the knowledge to develop such an operation
in-house. Too many have their head in the sand it seems to me.

Anyone else think Amazon.co.uk sucks in comparison to Amazon.com?
--
Ian Fenn
Producer, Chopstix - Chinese cookery on the web!