Subject: RE: UKNM: UK Online Shopping
From: Leslie Bunder
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 17:18:08 GMT

Tim

Are you now offering to sponsor UKNM???

But to your first point, I wouldn't go as far as to say "pissing on".
These large corporations, for that is what they are now, have also
created many, many opportunties for Brits and many Brits are taking
advantage of those opportunties created.

In terms of raising finance, speaking to folks in the UK, it is more
difficult to raise the finance than if you were raising it in the
States. Also, don't forget, the market is much bigger in the US and
when talking to banks/finance people they are more saavy about what "new
media/Internet" is about.

Things are now changing in the UK and hopefully people are able to
present business plans to banks without the hassle they may have had a
year or two ago. But, it is still an uphold struggle and this country
is steeped in innovation, but lack of support for those who innovate
which means they go elsewhere to raise funds.

Leslie

Leslie Bunder, technology writer, Teletext on the Web

e-mail: LBunderatteletext [dot] co [dot] uk (work) or leslieatbunder [dot] com (home)
web: http://www.teletext.co.uk

tel: 0171 386 3667 (inside UK) or +44 171 386 3667 (outside UK)

mobile: 07010 701967 (inside UK) or +44 7010 701967 (outside UK)