Subject: RE: UKNM: The Big Retailers - was Toys R Us
From: Andrews, Stephen
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 18:11:18 GMT

Not sure that anyone suggested the big retailers were "so dim" or that
anything was "bloody obvious". Also not sure that anyone would be
surprised at "how much they know" - after all, correct me if I'm wrong,
the big retailers here have refined most of their trad biz to a highly
efficient £-making machine (no criticism intended) and one would expect
them therefore to come to the party pretty well loaded!

It's simply an observation that (and the big retailers are not the only
applicable target market here) sometimes it comes down to simply being "
a bit radical" in the thought process; a bit "free-thinking"; a bit "off
the wall" because while one should never ignore their experience of what
they do every day, neither should one be constricted by it. Perhaps
that's the reason for the recent comment re "why are UK sites crap
compared to US ones?".

Steve
Steve Andrews
Cable & Wireless plc