Subject: Re: UKNM: Toys R US - site, outdated - who does it???
From: Peter Shankman
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:28:16 GMT

OK point taken.

But the history says that for some reason, you still have to be showing a
loss to make money. Amazon spends $1.21 on marketing for every $1.00 they
make. That's right, they SPEND more than they MAKE. I don't see their stock
dropping past triple digits yet...

-Peter

>At 12:32 PM 1/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>Lee:
>>
>>You're confused. You only LOSE money if you're planning to go public. Jeez!
>>Didn't Yahoo, theglobe.com, or geocities teach you ANYTHING?
>>
>>Grin.
>>
>>-Peter
>
>Yahoo just bought geocities for a large wedge.
>
>Lee

Peter Shankman
President
The Geek Factory, Inc.