Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: Amazon.com
From: Duncan Clubb
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:37:01 GMT

Cait - I think you've hit the nail on the head. I've long thought and
argued that IT bods are long experienced in producing UI's for
applications, but the biggest problem is the refusal of most people to
consider web sites as applications rather than flat media. Even the
most feeble of sites is still an interface to a *system*, even if it
does not do very much. Maybe it's time that us techies stuck our heads
above the parapets sometimes and tell the ponytails where to put their
rubbish ideas. Er, sorry, that should read: work more closely with
marketers and designers to ensure that usability and flow are considered
as fundamental design parameters, and given equal (if not greater)
emphasis as aesthetics and branding.

Aye
Duncan