Subject: RE: UKNM: small businesses marketing on the internet
From: Bunder, Leslie
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:35:11 GMT

nah, can't see Yahoo buying open directory. Open Directory wqas bought by
Netscape who in turn have been bough by AOL. Open Directory poses an
interesting threat to Yahoo! in that it is really making a name for itself
and is used by so many people and indeed, major portals such as Lycos who
took Open Directory and ditched Look Smart.

AOL nows it has a good propostion in Open Directory and by giving it away in
the way it does, then it over time will take market share away from Yahoo.

On a personal level, I find Open Directory an excellent resource for finding
things and use it much more than Yahoo. But there again, I use Yahoo! for
its free Web-based e-mail which is excellent.

Leslie