Subject: RE: UKNM: Marketing Quality Domains
From: Lee Bryant
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:09:38 GMT

I have no sour grapes; I have the names I need right now, more or less.

Call me idealistic, but I had hoped that the universal naming system for the
Internet would be based on principles of equality, accessibility and
fairness rather than on cheap, slightly tacky business models such as ticket
touts and vendors of fancy number plates.

Remember this .... the Web as the great equaliser, where the corner shop can
compete with Wal-Mart if it's got a good site and bright ideas.

You may think that unfettered US-style capitalism is .. like ... way cool,
dude; but just as the citizens of the US took the opportunity of a so-called
"new world" to move on from the stifling and outdated ways of 18th Century
Europe, so we can take the chance to create something better than an on-line
mirror of late 20th Century capitalism.

Thanks for the debate.

All the Best,

Lee