Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] fall of the dotcoms?
From: Leslie Bunder
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:15:34 -0000

please... it's not the fall of the dotcoms, it's the fall of projects that
were never really sound businesses... they just happened to involve the
Internet.

programmes like this, can really do more destruction to a business... so
let's be careful Kevin...

and please don't tarnish everyone... not every VC is cut throat, they are
certainly professional and business like, but you also must remember some of
the business proposals doing the rounds for the last couple of years were
very arrogant... for every "bad" VC there are likely to be "bad" people
trying to raise money for their crap venture....

and by the time your show comes out, no doubt it will be the rise of the
dotcom...

working in new media, the Internet, the Web, whatever you wanna call it is
about working in a business that is sound and more importantly is a business
that people wish to use and engage in... whether it is b to b, b to c or
whatever new terms we invent over the coming weeks and months.

I look forward to see how the show is going to pan out and truly hope it is
not going to be as bad as some of the programmes we saw last year about
"dotcom millionaires" and how every person and his pet makes millions...
(which were mainly on paper...)

Leslie