Subject: Re: UKNM: RANT ALERT - shortsighted 'net' experts
From: Lee Rickler
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:45:04 +0100

Nikki ... and all,

Seems a classic case of "you give us all the ideas, costs etc then we will
take the work on ourselves using all your details/ ideas etc. as if we made
them ourselves", usually this puts the agency in a tight spot because they
then have to try and wangle out of actually involving you any further.
The designer guy "problem" was just the lame excuse that they could use to
their benefit.

I've had the same in my past 6 years in this business, and no doubt most
people have.

A few years back I was pitching for a big job, (oeerr!), and the bastards,
after 3 weeks hard work from me, gave the job to a "friend of the director
of the company that knew a bit about e-mail" and could do the work for
£100, i'd quoted them £5k.
So I checked the site a few months down the road, (it would have taken me
on my own 3 - 4 weeks tops), and of course it incorporated all of my ideas
and look shit.
About 3 months later I got a call from the same company complaining about
how useless the guy was and how awful the site looked and asked If i would
like to pitch for the work.
In my nice, subtle, friendly way I told them they must be fucking joking!!

The site still looks awful and hasn't been touched for about 2 years.

Give 'em a smack from me.

Lee

At 14:01 27/07/00 +0100, you wrote:

>OK, I'm mad - so if you don't want to listen to a Nikki rant, then delete
>this now :o)
>
>Still here?
>
>So it goes like this:

<snipped>

ScreamingMedia the leading global technology platform for
the aggregation and distribution of digital content over the
Internet, is now operating in the United Kingdom.
Get relevant and customised content to attract visitors
to your site and keep them there. Click Here!

http://adcenter.in2.com/cgi-bin/click.cgi?tid=31036