Subject: FW: UKNM: Free ISP business model
From: Sanjay Mazumder
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:51:27 +0100

I agree that Freeserve are growing the number of subscribers but at a
slower pace.

However, it is trying to keep its customers on Freeserve. However, if a
consumer gets savvy once, and changes their homepage, then Freeserve has
lost the customer, for ever.

Also with the advent of tailored ISPs, such as EB for gamers, and
WHSmiths for book people, etc. etc. surely Freeserve will lose chunks of
very profitable clients. I for one use X-Stream more and more in
preference to Freeserve. Part of the reason is that the service is
pretty awful in that at peak times for my personal use, I often can't
get through!!

So, now that Freeserve has said it is the number 1 free ISP, it needs to
prove it, simple really.

Thanks
Sanjay Mazumder

Tel. +44 171 549 4949