Subject: UKNM: RE: placements
From: Ian Tester
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:25:32 GMT

Placements are an excellent thing, and really help your business. We've got
a scheme here at boo where we pay a salary similar to other blue chips, and
the guys and girls rotate between departments to gain a good overview of the
business. We in turn get a lot of very smart people who in a few years are
pretty perfect - they've worked in every department, so they understand the
technology *and* the business.

Below is an email I got the other day - looks like students are organising
themselves - and good for them. We webbies have got to keep the pressure on
at Universities - we're already taking some good people from other
industries, and they're beginning to feel the pinch!

hey ho! friday! ta ta!

Ian Tester, Business Development, boo.com
Log on to http://www.boo.com/ for a chance to win a Spring wardrobe
worth $5000
boo.com Group Limited, 136 Regent Street, London W1R 6HJ, UK
T + 44 (0)20 7959 4445 M +44 (0)7880 557692 F +44 (0)20 7950 0951 E
ian [dot] testeratuk [dot] boo [dot] com

"A group of Oxford University students have organised an internet event to
encourage students to join new media companies or start-up their own. The
StartUp Forum is designed to be a meeting place for students with ideas,
venture capitalists, internet entrepreneurs and start-ups who are searching
for some of the best and brightest graduates in the UK to join them
part-time, long-term or short-term.

In an effort to help encourage students to move away from traditional
management consultancy jobs and into the exciting world of the internet, we
are trying to get present start-up employees (like you) to come and give
advice. If you would like to meet a young, bright and very keen group of
students who are potential boo.com employees or internet entrepreneurs, then
please come along.

Also these students represent your target market and are amongst the most
internet savvy students around. So this could be a great marketing exercise
for you!

The meeting is in St.John's College Oxford on Wednesday 8th March. There is
a distinguished speaker who will talk and take questions from 8pm-9pm and
this will be followed by an opportunity (9pm - 11.15pm) for students and
start-ups to meet. There are many trains from Paddington to Oxford (55mins),
the best one to get is probably at 6.48pm. A map is attached.

If you need any further details then please call or e-mail me.
Charlieosmondatyahoo [dot] com
Tel: 07939 011 372

I hope to see you there,

Charlie"