Subject: RE: UKNM: Site Inspection
From: Richard Gale
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:15:17 GMT

As old school marketing, targeting and branding are very distinct.

Targeting is about who your target segment of the market is, making sure
that the service/facilty that you are offering is relevant to that segment
of the market.

Branding is about building up an image (including look, editorial style,
logos, etc) that will support this offering. The branding should be built to
attract the target market, but is distinct from the targeting process.

Perhaps Postioning should also be included?? It would seem that the major
portals are at the moment fighting a branding war, when someone taking a
postioning strategy may fare better??