Subject: UKNM: IMRG e-business Exchange
From: Steve Johnston
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 17:46:23 +0100

As a result of the excellent response to my posting at the beginning of the
month (replicated below) I hope that you will find the following of
interest.

The IMRG formally launches it's e-business Exchange (IMRG ebx) today ( on
the IMRG web site at http://www.imrg.org/ ) as a forum for the debate on
electronic commerce development in Europe. It is already beginning to
function as the point of discussion on the IMRG's ambitious new
collaborative white paper on Electronic Commerce in Europe.

This is in no way a competition to UKNM (he says bravely) as it will
attract a broader audience interested in the complete value chain in
e-commerce and not just in the marketing. As a web based forum it will also
be a little more intuitive for the less experienced Internet user, of which
we expect significant numbers. We will be offering an email based service
for the IMRG ebx in the coming months.

We would be delighted for any contributions to the IMRG ebx and I look
forward to meeting you there.

(Sam, I hope that you are okay with posting this.)

Regards

Steve Johnston
Director of Development
IMRG (Interactive Media in Retail Group)

http://www.imrg.org/
Stonecutter Court, 1 Stonecutter Street
London EC4A 4TR, UK
Tel: +44 (0)171 303 6603
Fax: +44 (0)171 303 5881
Personal No: +44 (0) 7050 6050 33
E-mail: steveatimrg [dot] org
The IMRG is the best source of commercial
advantage for retail in the 4th channel

The following was posted on the 1st May 1998.
--------------------------------------
We are currently in the consultative phase of a white paper which I think
will be of interest to the list. I am also confident that our work is
complimentary to the DMA's study.

-----------
The IMRG, in line with its mission to accelerate the adoption of
interactive channels, is publishing a White Paper titled "Electronic
Commerce in Europe". The paper will examine the 'industry challenges'
facing consumers, merchants, manufacturers, media owners, financial
institutions, shippers, vendors and governments, and recommend specific
actions for each of these groups. It will set out the rationale for an
e-commerce industry action plan for Europe, and context the strategic
contributions of e-Christmas and Surf and Buy.

Industry action is urgently needed to address the significant barriers
obstructing the development of electronic commerce in Europe. Without a
concerted industry effort to level the playing field, European businesses
will be held back, while their foreign competitors will be handed unfair
advantages, particularly US businesses who are backed by positively
proactive government.

To register your interest in receiving the IMRG White Paper, just email
back to me personally (steveatimrg [dot] org) - not to the list - with contact
details and by simply saying "YES" in the body. Those wishing to
contribute to the paper can participate in the consultative process during
May.

Regards