Subject: RE: UKNM: boo.com -
From: Ed Follows
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 08:05:40 GMT

At 11:23 04/11/99 -0000, you wrote:
>moan, moan, moan.
>come on. boo may be slow, but .. . . . .

Nothing that has been said about the site so far has not been justified and in my opinion can be viewed as constructive criticism. I know it's a bit harsh being told by a group of people that your site is 'lacking in functionality, user un-friendly, and a bad example to the public of what e.commerce can do/be', but these peoples opinions should really be noted (see, I said noted, not agreed with) as they make up the industry in this country.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for breaking into new areas of innovation but come on, keep a focus on your market place. If they can stand up and say that they designed the site solely for people with:

1. A higher that 56K modem speed (that's what I have at home and it's not only slow but caused my PC to freeze!)
2. A reasonably high level of experience on the web
3. Flash
4. and an hour of spare time (OK, this one's a bit harsh ;-))

then I will stand down and say congratulations, nice design, wish you the best of luck. But somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

It's only my opinion, and what do I know. Oh yeah, it doesn't matter what I know 'cos I'm one of their potential customers - or was!

Ed