Subject: RE: UKNM: retail conflicts
From: Tim Moore
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:28:55 GMT

Don't think I explained very well. Allow me to go further.

If, for example, Dyson, were to try to sell Vacuum cleaners on their site at
a lower price than the retailers who stocked their products, then, I'm
pretty sure that they would have a major issue with the retailers.

Thus is Dyson wanted to monetise thier web site, the problem is, how do they
do it.

In Dyson's case, they offer aftersales service. I guess the idea here is
that they are reducing costs by offering this over the net.

But my question was, apart from the above example, has anyone seen any
clever examples of how manufacturers are monetising their sites with out
antagonising retailers?

Tim