Subject: RE: UKNM: retail conflicts
From: Ken Cowley
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 01:24:51 GMT

Depends on industry structure. In general add-ons and service carry higher
margins than the base good (an extreme being video games for example).

So a retailer might be happy to see a manufacturer sell on-line if he
believed that

1) More of that brand might be sold
2) The punter would end up at their place for an add-on or annual service