Subject: UKNM: Re: BOUNCE uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com: Approval required:
From: Sam Michel
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:03:41 +0100

At 11:56 22/10/98 +0100, Sajid Mohammed wrote:
>You may have heard of FlyCast (http://www.flycast.com) which is a neat
>technology which allows you to buy and sell banners online to other
>members of the FlyCast Network from your desktop. The nice thing about
>FlyCast is that you can buy a small amount of inventory to run test
>campaigns and measure effectiveness from other members, as well as
>dump any inventory that you want to get rid of quickly onto the
>market. You can also block advertisers that you don't want to sell to.

I've come across FlyCast before, haven't several other automated solutions
been less successful? Are any of the big media buying points making use of
these systems?

I wonder if most media buys are done through a small-ish network of
contacts at major sites, but this is probably a huge over-simplification.
Got me wondering though.

Toodle Pip

Sam
Chinwag - http://www.chinwag.com