Subject: re: UKNM: Viral Marketing #2
From: s krumholz
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 22:53:25 +0100

alex,

i'm not sure if i am understanding the problem correctly. forgive me as
it's been a long week.

are you worried that too many people will sign up for the promotion? if so,
you need to set limits on the give-away. this means stating up front that
quanities are limited & restrictions apply.

how are you envisioning setting this up?

one campaign we did awarded extra points for those submitting addresses to
the database.

here's one to check out which i recently received from a friend of mine --

<snip>

Hi,

Have you heard about the Grab.com Billion Dollar contest?

I just played. You have to check it out!

Play now (free) and tell me what you think.

Go here:
http://grab.com

<unsnip>

you can go through the route and see how it works. it's US based and you'd
have to see what the UK rules are.

cheers,

sally