Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: sticky portals - again - or
From: Mike Butcher
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 18:08:17 +0100

Re: the NeoPlanet discussion

I think this is a great idea, but there is a stumbling block which helpd
*push media* fall at the first hurdle - which is this. For people to take
advantage of it, they have to download software in the first place. Hence
the low market penetration (outside the US) of BackWeb and PointCast - not
to mention the problem of little local content. If it ain't on the free CD
then it hasn't got much chance of reaching some kind of decent market
share. Mind you, NeoPlanet is a small download, which is in its favour, but
it's a still that download problem that bothers me.

Has anyone heard any more about the WebStalker browser from I/O/D which
briefly appeared last year?

Mike

Mike Butcher - Editor - New Media Age
T:(+44)171 9704812 2 Berners St, London