Subject: RE: UKNM: Banners ads, again
From: Annie Millar
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:12:27 +0100

Rob Masters said some very interesting points about banners.

1. The banner he mentions was designed and placed by WebPromte UK

He raises the question about loosing the branding by not putting a logo
or URL on which normally I would agree with. However this banner
was tested against 6 others which were branded and the clicks were
much higher for the unbranded - and we were after clicks to test a
site. We tested the same banner with the URL on and it failed.

The click through was between 8.5 and 11.7 which as you know is
well above norm. So the question is if building traffic is important
can you be more creative/oblique? If its a branding issue only then
thats a different story. I don't know about all of you but our clients
want traffic, traffic, traffic.

Saying that we usually do brand a banner, perhaps though we are
hiding behind an excuse. If a banner fails is it down to bad creative
or bad placing or both and with a logo or URL we can always say
well never mind lots of folk saw it!!!!

Annie Millar
WebPromote UK - Intelligent Internet Marketing

mailto annieatwebpromote [dot] co [dot] uk

http://www.WebPromote.co.uk

Phone 44 (0)161 907 3309 2-4 Atkinson Street, Deansgate
Fax 44 (0)161 907 3302 Manchester, United Kingdom M3 3HH