Subject: Re: UKNM: Top 12 Internet scams
From: Stefan Magdalinski
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 09:52:26 +0100

Ian Betteridge wrote:

> > Why do people complain about Jo using the internet to do article research?
>
> My god, for the first time ever I agree with Ray...
>
> The grand journalist tradition of "asking other people" rather than "just
> making all the figures up" lives on.

having teased jo about this in the past:

it's not the asking of the questions that's annoying, it's the fact that
it seems to start here, rather than with any of the
varied/useful/detailed public domain sources.

"Hi! I'm writing an internet article! Can you look this up on yahoo for
me?"

Do some research, formulate a hypothesis, and then bounce it off us,
would probably be better approach.

and you, young mister betteridge, I refer to my previous comment about
alcohol and press releases.

stefan

--
/**