Subject: Re: UKNM: Top 12 Internet scams
From: Paul Douglas
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 11:01:27 +0100

Stefan Magdalinski wrote:

> it's not the asking of the questions that's annoying, it's the fact that
> it seems to start here, rather than with any of the
> varied/useful/detailed public domain sources.

Perhaps it doesn't just start here - with very tight deadlines, it's a
good approach to post a query to a multitude of discussion lists,
newsgroups, etc., and then wait a couple of days for replies from the
various sources.

> "Hi! I'm writing an internet article! Can you look this up on yahoo for
> me?"

Could you just look something up for me while you're at it? ;)

> Do some research, formulate a hypothesis, and then bounce it off us,
> would probably be better approach.

And very useful for any other publications on the list as we could all
see the route that Jo's article is taking.

Cheers,

--
Paul